Freelance Writing Jobs for Friday, October 24, 2008

Good morning FWJ Friends! I have focused on telecommuting jobs for you again today.

Have a great weekend and do let us know if you get hired for any of these opportunities.

Leads…

Telecommuting:

On Site Opportunities:

Good Luck!

Comments

1. says

Thanks Jodee.
    I have another book signing tomorrow, and I’ll be spending Sunday helping my husband put together agent query letters for his werewolf novel.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

2. Ann G. says

Re: Writer’s Needed Charlotte

I just got an automated response that has you sign up at Brandarama which is notorious for putting you on mailing lists that fill your box with spam-

Hello,

Thanks for replying to our ad. We would love to consider you for this
    position. What you need to do next is go to our website bellow and
    after filling your email you will be taken to a quick questionnaire so
    we can know more about you (also it’s a measure to avoid bots and
    spamming).

http://tinyurl.c om/62p5x7 (you need to remove the space and type it in)

We will be contacting you within 24 hours assuming you enter your
    email now and answer the short questionnaire.

That’s all you have to do. It will take you about 2 minutes. Once we
    have seen that you completed what we asked, we will review your info
    and contact you soon. Starting pay ranges from $15 to $20 per hour
    depending on experience and how we feel you will do.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

3 Magazine Corp.

3. D. says

Thanks, Jodee, and have a terrific weekend!

Oh, quick question: There was a posting yesterday (a post of its own; not as part of the job list) for a site called Fresh Trends or something like that. I was going to apply, got busy with something else, and now it’s not here anymore. Did they ask for it to be taken off because they filled the position(s), or was it something stinky?

4. Jodee says

@ D: Nothing stinky about that one at all. The client got back in touch and said he got 50 responses in just a few hours and asked me to take it down.

5. Mel says

Thanks for the leads as always, Jodee!

Quick note: the ad for the Women’s Magazine Writer seems to be invalid. I am tried twice to respond using the email address on Craig’s List but it keeps being returned as an invalid address! Stinky! :(

6. Matti Powers says

The 3magazine one that’s looking for writer’s paying 15-20 dollars is a little sketchy. They send a confirmation email and you link to a pay where it has an ad for free magazines (a scam I’m sure) and they want you to give your email and name. I didn’t go that far so I have no idea what comes after that, but it definately doesn’t seenm legit at all.

7. says

Great listings – thanks for going through the work of compiling them. Nice to see so many telecommuter positions. I owe you a big thank you too as I picked up a small recurring job from your listings last week.

8. says

Thanks Jodee!

I had the same experience with both the women’s magazine craigslist address not working & the 3 Magazine corp spammy response/link deal. Bleh.
    On to the rest of the list, which is great! It’s rainy in St. Louis today. Perfect October day for staying inside at the computer with a cup of hot cider/coffee/tea… and a good list of leads.

9. says

When I went to that 3Magazines one, after pasting their URL like they said, my ZoneAlarm went crazy, and absolutely would NOT let me get there. I thought it was legit, so I finally shut ZoneAlarm down, and then got taken to a site advertising the iPhone. “All” we needed to do was put our email in, which would automatically give our consent to giving our information to third parties, and all would be well.

Um, no. Sleazebuckets.

10. Matti Powers says

I saw the word independently spelled wrong too. I mean, I understand switching vowels (like I probably did lol) because they may not have spell check, but it is apparent why they need a writer…

11. says

I spent some solid time applying for the “writers wanted for women’s magazine,” only to be disappointed that the e-mail address didn’t even work. They probably forgot to forward the craigslist address to their e-mail address. Sigh, maybe it will be posted again.

12. says

But on another, happier note, I am receiving solid work from two clients that I found here! I was promoted to an editorial position for one, and will soon be put on the payroll there, earning a nice monthly salary. The other also pays well and has consistent work lined up for months to come. FWJ is great :-).

13. Amy says

Hello,

I just wanted to drop you a note of thanks for sharing all of these great job postings. I was lucky to land one of the gigs you advertised a couple of weeks ago and everything went very smoothly and I was paid promptly, which any writer knows is always a blessing.

Thanks again!

-Amy

14. Jodee says

@ Amy: Thank you for taking the time to write. It always brightens up my day to hear that one of our readers has landed a job from the lists that we post here. :)