We are looking for adults with homeschooling and consumer and/or business journalism experience to research and write articles and blog entries about the latest developments in educational technology applicable to the homeschool environment.
We have launched one “consumer facing” site, with another on the way. You can see the first at ChoosyHomeschooler.com. We are now in the process of launching our education industry-oriented site.
You can read more about me and some of the members of our team at http://blog.choosyhomeschooler.com/?page_id=22.
We will pay competitive rates on a per-piece basis, payable weekly. You would be employed as a part-time independent contractor, operating primarily out of your own home using your own personal computer equipment and Internet access, and setting your own hours. The number of hours available per week will vary according to the needs of the business, your qualifications, and your track record. Also, a limited number of work-from-home editorial positions will be available to those who perform well as writers.
To apply for this position, please send a letter outlining:
* Your work experience and accomplishments that would pertain to one of the functions described above;
* A link to an online portfolio or blog, or articles you may have written;
* A description of your homeschooling experience and approach;
* The approximate number of hours you would be available to work in your home and when you might be available for occasional group meetings via teleconference;
* Any questions, comments or concerns you would like to share about the work being offered or the function of the website itself.
Please limit your letter to no more than 1000 words. Feel free to attach a resume if you have one available, but don’t postpone sending your letter in order to create or update one beforehand. I’ll be glad to receive a resume subsequently if it appears that your qualifications and our needs are a good fit.
Send your letter to: Richard@ChoosyHomeschooler.com
Thanks in advance for your interest.