Once upon a time there was a blog. This blog had several thousand visitors each day. They shared. They chatted. They commiserated. It was all good. Soon some mean people came by and began scaring away the happy chatters. The vibe changed from warm and fuzzy to not so much fun anymore. The owner did her best to build up community, but she was so busy with her projects and her job it wasn’t happening. She put a comment policy into place but the damage was already done. She had a reputation for having a community that liked to bicker.
She wants to change that.
If you remember the days when FWJ was a huge, lively community of writers helping writers, you may miss the golden days as well. Let’s try and get it all back. Several years ago, we built this community with a contest – a comments contest. We offered a $25 gift certficate to the person with the most comments. People came and never left. It was good.
We’re doing it again, except we’re upping the ante.
Beginning today, October 1st, we’re giving away $150 to the people who help to bring back this wonderful community. We’re giving away three $50 prizes.
- The person with the most comments between now and October 31st, on the homepage Freelance Writing Jobs blog, will receive $50.
- The person with the most comments across the whole FWJ network by the end of the month, that’s all of the blogs, will receive $50.
- The FWJ blogger who does the most to build community and join the conversation will win $50 at the end of the month.
Just a few notes:
- Comments that only say ” I agree” or add nothing to the conversation won’t count.
- Comments not adhering to our comment policy will be deleted and won’t count.
- Spammy comments or comment dropping links – unless they’re truly offering something to the conversation – won’t count.
I know you’re here. I see the numbers. Thousand of people visit each day and even more subscribe. Come join the conversation. Let’s bring community back!