Awesomeness and news from around the web:
- The BlogWorld and New Media Expo is less than two weeks away. There’s still time to buy a ticket and book a room. BWE cut deals with several hotels for less than $100 per night. This is the biggest and best blogging and social media conference and I recommend anyone who is serious about succeeding as a blogger attend.
- Chris Brogan addresses a topic near and dear to my heart. I’m sure Chris gets way more email than I do here, but it seems he has the same issues regarding weeding through the sales pitches and responding to everyone. Read Get Your Email Answered for tips to sending emails to your favorite bloggers and getting through the bottomless email pit.
- My friend Dave Navarro is rocking CopyBlogger. Read his post about drawing readers in beyond headlines, Beyond Headlines: How to Get Your Readers to Read Every Word. Sure, you need a catchy headline to get folks interested, but what happens after that.
- I receive mail on a daily basis from writers and bloggers who aren’t sure of the legalities of using certain images or reproducing someone else’s content. You know my mantra, “If you’re not sure if you can use something, and you don’t have permission ask.” However, I want to once again recommend Jonathan Bailey’s Plagiarism Today blog. Jonathan offers regular tips regarding the legalities of writing, blogging and sharing images. He’s not a lawyer, but he knows a thing or two about copyright law. Everyone who writes or blogs for a living should bookmark this one – and read it often.
- We talk often about running a successful freelance writing business. Freelancing is more than writing. The writers who remember that it’s a business do well. My friend Easton Ellsworth is at Sparkplugging know that – and he’s sharing 21 Home Business Resources You Can’t Miss.
- Over at Mike’s Writing Workshop, Mike Geffner is offering 10 Commandments to Writing Success. There are more than 10 commandments though, but they’re all awesome. Keep it as a bookmark because Mike’s planning on updating often.
Image via stock.xchnge