arrow24 Comments
  1. allena
    Jan 29 - 10:01 am

yeah GO JOHN AT MSU. lol, he is one of the greatest curators of that info and I’ve met him personally several times :)

Deb- does DS announce its grantees? I’m interested in seeing what they funded so far.
    .-= allena´s last blog ..Forum Updated! Freelance Writing Jobs Posted in There! =-.

2. [...] 19 Grants for Writers and Other Creative Types [...]

3. [...] 19 Grants for Writers and Other Creative Types [...]

4. John Shriver
    Feb 01 - 11:06 am

It would be nice to mention that the NDA does not award grants to individuals.

5. John Shriver
    Feb 01 - 11:07 am

It would be nice to mention that the NEA does not award grants to individuals.

• Deb Ng
      Feb 01 - 11:13 am

That’s right, John. The NEA offers grants for organizations. Still worthy of being on this list, however, as many writers for various organizations are members of the FWJ community.

Thanks for your input!

6. Richard Vittorioso
    Jul 29 - 11:27 pm

This is a first for me. Trying to obtain a grant to have a book published. I’ve written a novel but have no funds to have it published. Does anyone have any information as to what direction I should pursue in an attempt to secure funding via a grant to accomplish my publishing goal?

7. MUHINDO JOHACHIM.
    Nov 04 - 7:24 am

The 19 Grants web for writers do open to allow us access information.

8. Trace McGarey
    Nov 29 - 7:31 pm

I’m looking for information on obtaining grant funds—publisher has expressed interest in my work and I need some information on this. Can anyone else out here direct me to grant sources or have information on them? Many thanks… (Made a revision to this comment so it posted to your site twice—my apologies.)

9. Undra M. Warren
    May 02 - 9:27 pm

Hello ,,, thank you for the time of day.. i am trying to get a grant writer too get my music off the ground…see youtube /Pepperpeppermint…is one word no space’s the song is entitled up up up…it’s a happy song and everyone love’s it.. maybe you guy’s can help…again Thank you for the time of day… Pepperpeppermint,,,

10. Clara W E Githaiga
    Jun 06 - 8:20 am

Looking for PAID writing jobs & writing grants,
    so I can lock myself up and write uninterrupted.
    Clara

11. Kelly Dumler
    Aug 03 - 6:19 pm

I would like to start a freelance writing business. I need funds for: a student loan, computer, fax machine, office furniture, and car repairs.

12. Jen Reyneri
    Aug 16 - 10:17 pm

I am so encouraged by this post- just figuring out where to apply first! Thank you!

13. Shannettea Gamble
    Aug 25 - 7:30 pm

I’m looking to complete my six novels I’ve had to restart due to computers crashing and papers getting lost in moves with this I could attend college and write until my heart’s content without interruption.

14. kate
    Nov 20 - 10:27 pm

hey can anyone give me infor on where to fine grants for individuals to help in book printing and publishing. thanks in advance

15. [...] 19 Grants for Writers and Other Creative Types [...]

16. Ana Biocini
    May 01 - 2:41 am

ANA BIOCINI
    Freelance no professional Writer

Subject: I Need a Grant to finish my book

I have a very interesting story of an aspect of my life that was in the public eye and published in the local newspapers of the San Francisco Bay Area .

I have also a great deal of supporting material already written, transcripts and newspapers articles and much more. I believe that I have a great material and could be very interesting to publishing in a book.

I am looking for a sponsor to help me many ways.

1. To get a Grant to paid my bills while I am continuing writing the book
    2. To get a ghostwriter to help me to edit the book in a professional way.

This is a unique real story and one publisher have expressed interested in my story as well.
    I have already written seven charters that give a total of 60 pages. The other material is already written by me but it needs to be revised, in order to link the events of the outcome and the ending of the book and I think that I will need 4 months to finish the story. I think that my book would be a total of 250 pages.

Please tell me how can you help me.

17. melanie simms
    May 26 - 8:49 pm

Would someone share some ideas/suggestions as to where I can find grants for individual writers/poets?
    Thanks,
    Melanie

18. Tom Gotsill
    Sep 19 - 10:23 am

I am a playwright who is currently researching the life and ideas of an important 19th Century American public figure (sorry for the mystery). The goal is to write a compelling drama which will generate widespread public interest in a current “third raiI” issue. I need funding while the work is in progress. Any ideas? Thanks

19. Perry Posey
    May 14 - 6:34 pm

I have one book self published. Along with fourteen songs recorded on a c.d. “Buffalo Gal” An inspirational love novel, Now have five manuscripts ready, with songs for the books. “Country Boy” all true stories. “Young Angel” a Christian love novel. “Swimming with Sharks” thirty year behind the counter. “Short Stories” true stories. “One Talent” a Christian love novel. I need the address for the Grant Givers. I know that not only for books, but a stage show. t.v. series and a movie picture show. I need to hear from you. go to Google-Perry Posey Buffalo Gal.
    Respectfully Yours.
    Perry Posey

20. James Jean-Pierre
    May 16 - 3:11 am

Thank you for the great post, That will due it for my list and get me going on my way to publish my book.

Thanks again