The Melissa Lanitis Gregory Poetry Prize offers a $500 prize, publication of the winning poetry manuscript, ten copies of that published manuscript, and a reading at Lake Tahoe.
The entry fee is $20 and the deadline to enter is August 31, 2010.
Following are the guidelines from the Bona Fide Books website:
- Submit a previously unpublished, full-length poetry manuscript of between 48 and 100 pages.
- Include two cover pages: one with the title of the manuscript only, the other with title of manuscript, name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Include a table of contents and, if applicable, an acknowledgments page for prior publications.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; please let us know right away if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere. (Refunds will not be issued.)
- A reading fee of $20 (US) by check or PayPal must accompany each submission. Multiple submissions are accepted; each requires a $20 entry fee.
- More than one manuscript may be chosen for publication.
- Submit via email or post.
Be sure to read all of the submission details on the Bona Fide Books website. More than one manuscript might be chosen as a winner.
You can email your entry to email@example.com and send the $20 entry fee to the same email address via PayPal or snail mail it with a $20 check made out to Bona Fide Books Inc. to: Bona Fide Books, PO Box 550278, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96155.
Good luck aspiring poets!