Sometimes, even though you plan out your day – or week – perfectly, things just don’t go the way they should. It’s darned Murphy’s Law at work, and you know that when Murphy visits, he doesn’t give a crap about what you think. During those times, you either fight your way through a crappy period, or you sit back, take a breath, and try to laugh things off.
If you’re going through a rough period, here are some funny quotes that writers can relate to. I do think that even if you’re having the time of your writing life at the moment, you’ll still find a chuckle or two to be a good thing.
- I write to escape … to escape poverty. - Unknown
- Writing is a lonely job, unless you’re a drinker, in which case you always have a friend within reach. – Unknown
- It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by that time I was too famous. – Robert Benchley
- I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. – Douglas Adams
- The freelance writer is a man who is paid per piece or per word or perhaps. – Robert Benchley
For good measure, here are some more funny quotes for writers with some visual aids.
Quotes can be tiresome, especially with everyone throwing them at you, left and right, these days, but you have to admit that sometimes, one good quote is all you need to turn things around.
What’s your favorite funny quote for writers?
Bonus: If what you need is a new writing gig, here are 11 Places to Find Freelance Writing Gigs.