We’d like to say a big thank you to all of you who supported us when we ran our survey last November. As we promised, we are sharing the results of the survey with everyone.
We asked freelance writers questions that provide insight into our work and industry as a whole and put together the data into one graphic.
To give you a quick overview of the results, here is a summary of the key points.
Freelance Writing Statistics 2015 highlights
- Majority of freelance writers are female (67 percent)
- Most freelance writers fall under the age range of 25 and 34 years old
- Most writers freelance part-time and started because of the need to earn money on the side
- The best thing about freelance writing is the ability to work whenever and wherever one wants
- Uncertainty in income and difficulty in getting clients are the biggest issues freelance writers face
- The average freelance writer works three to five hours a day
- Pay, or rate, is the most important consideration when applying for a gig
Freelance Writing Statistics 2015 infographic
Did you take part in the survey? Were you surprised at the statistics, or did you expect the results? How are they going to play a role in your plans for your freelance writing career next year?