Tomorrow (Sunday) is National Clean Out Your Fridge Day according to Huffington Post.Com. They are encouraging everyone to get rid of those green, fuzzy mystery fruits in the crisper bin and send them photos of the gross things you find. It’s a great idea, there are a few things in my fridge that would be considered hazardous waste, but I think writers could benefit from a Clean Up Your Article File Day.
Cleaning out your article file day includes:
- Make multiple copies (black and white and full color)
- Convert web site clips to PDF files
- Create a backup electronic copy of your work
- Establish an easy, makes-sense-to-you filing system
Organize Article Ideas
- Read through old article ideas
- Throw out the truly horrible and those that don’t fit your niche
- Pass on ideas that suit your writing friends better than you (reality check time!)
- Establish or refresh an easy, makes-sense-to-you filing system
- Locate 5 right now query ideas and research sources and establish angles
It’s the end of the year and it’s time to get things ready for next year. In addition to the “10 Things All Freelance Writers Should Do Before the End of 2009” cleaning up your files is one of the best ways to close out the year and set yourself up for organization and success in the new year.