A busy blogger’s best friend is an offline editor. Trust me when I tell you it will make your life more simple. My weapon of choice is Windows Live Writer. As someone who juggles dozens of blogs for several clients, I’m here to tell you your productivity will increase once you download one of these puppies With an offline editor you can:
- Use the same dashboard for each of your blogs without having to leave the page. Simply use the drop down menu to switch to a new blog.
- Post ahead of time. When I can, I blog a week’s worth of posts at one time and just let ‘er drip.
- Use the WYSIWYG template in the same manner in which you’d use a word processor.
- Post video and go back in and edit without screwing up the code.
- Have more image placement, sizing and design options.
- Post offline when you don’t have access to the Internet and set up your post to publish at another time.
As I said above, I like Windows Live Writer. It’s open all day on my desk top and put it to good use. Other choices are Blog Desk and for Mac users, Mars Edit. It’s been so long since I logged into some of my WordPress dashes I actually lost the password, it’s that helpful.
Do you use a offline editor? If so, which one and why?