Do you listen to music while you blog?
I actually can’t blog without my music on, so there’s always something playing. Usually on my record player, because I’m a die hard LP sort of girl, but I also recently decided to get an iPod (shocking to all my friends), so lately I have iTunes going half the time.
Because I can’t blog without music going, I get curious about what other folks are listening to. That said, I’ll say what I’ve got going on, then you tell me about your music. Right now my current records (which are strewn about the floor) include:
- Little Queen – Heart
- A few Dead albums
- Goodbuy – Cream (I know, everyone hated that album, it’s my favorite though).
- Court & Spark – Joni
On my iTunes:
I actually have my thinking mix on there right now because I’ve had a lot on my mind. I guess the songs don’t make too much sense in terms of thinking, unless you’re me, but it will show you just how woefully behind the times my music taste is.
- Cowgirls in the Sand – Neil Young
- Strawberry Fields Forever – Ben Harper
- Hyacinth House – The Doors (the acoustic version, not the sappy studio version)
- I Got S**t & Corduroy – Pearl Jam
- Heroin – Velvet Underground
- Strange Currencies – REM
- Ruby Tuesday – Stones
- Root Down – Beastie Boys
- Three Hours – Nick Drake
- Sing – Travis
- Where’d You Go – Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Blues Music – G-Love
- Jailhouse – Sublime
- Plus some random Bob Marley acoustic stuff
The mix above is good, because it sort of intermittently relaxes and wakes me back up. I’m not over or under stimulated. If I listen to all loud music while I blog, I want to get up, leave, and go to a show. If I listen to all chill music, well, I chill way too much and won’t blog well.
Um, does anyone else give this much thought to their blogging music, or is it just me? What are you playing right now? Or do you need quiet?.