Good morning FWJ Friends! I’ve got leads for bloggers, editors, and content writers for you today. Also on today’s list are opps for technical writers, copy writers and copy editors, along with a few internships.
An ad I ran across today caught my eye, and not in a positive way. When you see someone advertising for writers who can “churn out” work, it’s probably not an indication that the job pays very well. When you add to it that this client wants people who can write “moderate quality, low-level writing” that pretty much finished it as far as I was concerned. Needless to say, this one didn’t make the list. I could be mistaken as far as the pay rate goes, since it was not mentioned in the ad, but the thing just didn’t sit well with me.
Now I’ll turn this over to you: what impression would you get from an ad worded like this? Is the client simply stating their expectations or do you think it’s an indication that the pay rate is low? Would you pursue it anyway?
- Tech Blogger for Digital Photo Gadgets @ Zedomax Network
- Demand Studios Looking for Online Writers and Bloggers
- Television Producer-Writer @ The McLaughlin Group – Washington, D.C.
- Editorial and Magazines Fall Internships @ VIZ Media – San Francisco, CA (College Credit)
- Website Editor for Hairstyles Site
- Call for Writers for Online Women’s Magazine
- Writing Assistant for Yelp.com – Vancouver, B.C.
- Researchers/Writers @ Dig Media – Telecommute
- Feature Freelance Writers/Bloggers for Lifestyle – UK
- New American Magazine Seeks Non-Fiction Content
- Freelance Writers Needed for Eco-Friendly Blog ($20 per article)
- Freelance Copywriters Wanted – Contract
- Freelance Copy Editor – On Site – Boston
- Writer Wanted to Create a Cold Call Script
- Freelance Copywriter – Product Copy – Designer Eyewear – Dallas
- Advertising Copywriter – Telecommute
- Technical Writer – Financial – Contract – Dallas
- Digital Camera Gurus and Writers – Telecommute ($100)
- Writer Needed for Autoresponder Series
- Need Local Researcher for the “Bortnick Files” – Denver
- Sports Writers – Houston ($25 per story; $15 per photo)
- Contract Copywriter Needed for Website – Contract – Las Vegas (up to $17.50 per hour)
- Grant Writer for Nonprofit Organizations – Telecommute ($25 per hour)
- French and Spanish Translators Needed – Contract – Philadelphia
- Copywriter – Scottsdale – Local Candidates Only ($35 per hour)
- Technical Writer for Software Industry – Telecommute ($1K-$7K depending on project)
- Small Publishing Company Looking for Part-Time Writer/Editor – Some On Site Work – Washington, D.C.