Calling All Children’s Authors
Are you an aspiring or accomplished children’s author?
Story Something is going to be the world’s biggest and best community for children’s stories – but with a (big) twist. More on that soon.
To get us started, we’re looking to commission up to 100 short stories for children between the ages 3 and 8.
Please submit the following:
* Previous publications, if any (please do not let this deter you as we are most interested in the quality of your work)
* Story Sample: 250 words or so
* Age group for 250 word submission
Our editors will review and get back to you regarding specifics and next steps.
Please send your stories or questions to: authors at storysomething dot com.
1. What is Story Something?
Story Something is a new and different online world of stories designed for busy parents of children aged 3-8. Parents, like us, who love their children 10x more than the time they have to spend with them.
2. Why Story Something?
Because stories spark the imagination of children.
Because busy parents like us don’t have ready access to new and imaginative stories, every day.
Because the bedtime ritual is so very special and we think we can make it magical every night, too.
Because there is a hero in all of us. Even mom and dad.
3. When are you launching? Where are you based?
We’re launching in mid- November. We’re a global company based in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
4. What kinds of stories are you looking for?
All kinds, but in particular stories that are full of energy and have a hero (or s-hero). Stories with lessons or morals are good too. Some examples below but feel free to use your imagination. Just remember to think about the age of the child you are writing for. As you know there is a huge difference between and 3 year old and an 8 year old.
* To the Rescue: police, princess, prince, dragon, dinosaur, etc.
* Sports heroes: Football champ, Karate Kid, Baseball hitter etc
* Fun with friends: Best friends, Playdates, Making friends, Friends of all ages, Differences are to be cherished etc.
* Going Places: Zoo, Doctor, School, Vacation, Grandparents, Plane, etc.
* Celebrating Good Times: Diwali, Rosh Hashanah, Christmas, Eid, Birthday, Bar Mitzvah, Halloween, Easter etc
* People we Love: Friends and Family, the day you were born,
* the day you said your first word, the day mommy and daddy got
* married, the day your little sister was born
* Pet tales: Dog adventures, Cat Cuddles, Horse saves the day, Bunny Tales etc.
* Mind your Manners: Tattle tales, Bullies are Bad, Saying Sorry, Teaching Thanks, Table Talk etc.
5. Will Authors be paid if they are selected?
Yes. The specific economics will soon be determined but we hope to be pay over $100 per short story, minimum. It depends on the quality and quantity produced. Authors will also be featured and promoted in our community with bio pages, etc.