To finish out this image kick I’m on, here are some more places to find free blog images, just in case you didn’t find what you were looking for in 10 places to find free blog images that you won’t get sued for using.
In that post linked above, someone left a comment tip about using Every Stock Photo to find images so we’ll start there. The reader notes, “It searches Flickr CC-licensed images, Stock Xchange, and few others. It’s nice to quickly find what you are looking for.” I half agree. While I like Every Stock Photo, it’s too many clicks for me. You visit the site, type in a search, look for an image, then once you find the image you need, you have to visit that image’s specific web page to find out about image copyright. (i.e it could be attribute, no alteration, etc.). It just takes more time than I have. That said, if you’re hard up, and have some time, you’re bound to find the image you need here.
Other places to find free blog images – BTW If it’s posted, it means I’ve found at least one useful image there at some point…
- Free Photos Bank
- Free Foto – lots o’ annoying secret click ads
- Tree of Life – great if you blog nature
- Imagebase – I think this might be just one guy and his photos – but he’s good. Many beautiful images.
- 123RF free image section
- Stockvault – a nice mix of images, some are excellent.
- Free Stock Photos – fatty list of free image sites (I have not checked all these out, so I can’t reccommend all of them).
A couple of final image pointers:
I already discussed what I think is the best free image editor for PC but if you want to check out another you could look at GIMP. It’s feature heavy and I used it for a while, but I think the learning curve on this editor is steeper than it should be. Still, it’s pretty popular among many folks I know. A major benefit is that GIMP was written and developed under X11 on UNIX platforms and runs on MS Windows and Mac OS X.
When thinking blog images, don’t forget that free videos can add some pop to your blog as well.
Ok folks, that does it for our year of blog images kick-off. Want to catch up? Read the whole series:
- Kick off 2009 with more useful blog images
- 10 places to find free blog images that you won’t get sued for using
- Alignment Mistakes Bloggers Make When Using Blog Images
- General image mistakes bloggers make
Do you have any killer blog image tips I left out? Share them in the comments.