I am NOT a Black Friday shopper. There is in way in Hades you’ll get me out of bed before 7:30 on the day after Thanksgiving, especially if it’s to battle crowds and fight over big screen televisions and Barbie Dolls. I worked in a mall. I know what goes on there. It’s not pretty.
However, I do know there are some bargains to be found on Black Friday, many of them of interest to freelance writers. Here are few of the items I’ve come across that may appeal to you. Is it worth it to wake up at 3:00 a.m. and stand in a crowd to purchase one of these items?
I’ll let you decide.
Black Friday Deals for Freelance Writers
- Paper Shredder – $9.99. When it’s time to get rid of old invoices, contracs, W-9’s and other personal business, you’ll want to run it through a paper shredder first.
- Linksys Wireless Router – $20 off at $59.95
- Logitech Cordless Mouse – $24.99 – A discount of over $17.00
- A variety of discounted netbooks and notebooks – some with heavy discounts.
- Wireless Mouse at $12.99 (normally $19.99)
- Blackberry Curve – free with two year T-Mobile contract
- Gigaware Notebook Cooling pad for $14.99 (from $19.99( – If you have a large laptop this is will help to keep it from overheating.
- HP Laptop at $299.98 (After rebate)
- Dell Studio 15.6″ Core 2 Duo Laptop w/ 4GB, 500GB – $599.98
- HP Core 2 Duo 17.3″ Laptop w/ 4GB, 320GB – $599.98 MIR
- HP DeskJet F4280 All-in-One Printer – $39.99
- Offering a variety of options including discounts and gift cards.
- D-Link Basic N Wireless Router – $19.99
- D-Link Basic N Wireless USB Adapter – $19.99
- Entire Stock of Cross Pens – 50% off
- Compaq Presario Desktop w/ 2GB, 250GB, DVD+R – $229.99
- Compaq Presario Desktop w/ 2GB, 250GB, DVD+R, 19″ LCD – $329.99
If you come across any deals you feel will benefit the writers in this community (and no fair spamming) please post them in the comments.