We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic freelance writer/journalist that can generate a minimum of 2 articles per day (~400 words each) during every business day — 5 days a week, with US national holidays off. If you are capable of generating feature pieces, we strongly encourage this. You will be expected to move towards 2-4 feature pieces per month in the first 3 months.
**** IMPORTANT ****
You must be able to commit to 2 articles per business day, delivered by 1pm Eastern time. If you cannot, please do not respond.
You will be an independent contractor and initially you will be paid on a per published article basis (ranges from US$ 25 to US$ 200). The basic compensation level will based on your experience and the type/length of content you generate. Feature articles will all be negotiated on a case by case basis.
After 3 months we will ideally move to a monthly contract relationship, where you will have a required number of articles to produce per week and required number of features to produce per month.
We have an incentive/bonus program that rewards you based upon the popularity of the content you author.
* Demonstrated ability to produce professional articles
* Be able to commit to 2 articles per day
* Be enthusiastic, industrious and have a sense of humor
* Be creative, critical, articulate and sometimes snarky in your English mother tongue.
* Have strong research/analysis skills. Detect and filter BS. Check facts well.
* Be familiar with writing for the web and for impatient online audiences.
* Your location is flexible. We somewhat prefer someone who is operating around GMT business hours.
* An engineering or software programming background
* Experience using or integrating enterprise software
* Experience with enterprise IT project management
You should be comfortable talking about 2 or more of these topics:
* Web publishing systems, trends, current news, product releases, etc.
* Web Content Management Systems (technical and marketing topics)
* Web content – writing it, optimizing it, sharing it, doing it better
* User Experience Management – largely a marketing topic, but increasingly has tech angles
* Enterprise 2.0 – wikis, collaboration, online office, new enterprise tools, etc.
* Enterprise Content Management and Document Management Systems
* Enterprise Compliance and Records Management topics, including legislation like e-Discovery, HIPPA, and Sarbanes Oxley
* Follow our editorial style guide
* A headline, a 1-2 sentence teaser for the front page, and then the body of the article.
* Intelligent linking to related subject matter and to related articles in the website
* Assign one primary and a few sub-categories to each article
* Tag all articles
Individuals only, please provide:
1) A self description with your location, experience and educational background
2) What time of day and timezone you would be working in
3) 2 example articles which you think fit well on www.cmswire.com
The email address for the gig is: [email protected]
The website is www.cmswire.com, the company is Simpler Media Group, Inc.