The last time I scoured the web for “Write for Us” pages, the ensuing post was very well received. It’s not always easy to find some of the hidden markets – even though the web is filled with them. Doing a web search for “write for us” helped me to land some very lucrative opportunities and I’ve been recommending this method of searching for years.
I know you’ve all been clamoring for more “Write for Us” pages, and I will continue to bring them to you as often as I can. Please note, it’s a frustrating and long process as many of the “Write for Us” pages on the web are non-paying opportunities and there’s a lot to go through. I’d say for every ten pages I find, only one offers compensation. Adding insult to injury, many of the places looking for free labor provide huge laundry lists of requirements and guidelines. I mean, come on, people. If you want free writing, you can’t ask for the world. Note than quite a few of these markets pay over $100 per article or blog post.
As always, I try to only list those markets paying a respectable wage. Sometimes, payment isn’t indicated or there are vague details. I didn’t include obvious non-payers and if there are any in the bunch, I apologize. If I can find payment details, it’s listed next to the market.
- The Art of Blog
- Australian Women Online – Pays between $50 & $150 per article.
- Blogging Tips‘
- BrotherSoft – Pays $20+/post
- CashMoneyLife -Paid & unpaid contributions accepted
- Charisma & Christian Life Magazine
- Coastal Guide – Pays $15/article
- CreativeFan – Pays for tutorials only
- Designussion.com – $20/post
- Destinination 360 – I think they pay. Let me know if they don’t and I’ll remove them from this list.
- Developer Shed
- DotNet Slackers – $100/article
- Everyday Christian – They accept freelance submissions, check on pay.
- Food & Beverage Today
- Gannett Healthcare Group – Pays an undisclosed honorarium
- Graphic Design School – Pays $75 – $120
- Greater Good – $75 – $350 – .25/word depending on contribution
- Hippie Magazine – Some writers are paid.
- How To: When You Want to Know How – Pays 10 – 50 GBP
- Investor Guide
- ISEdb.com – Please indicate that you wish to receive payment for your article.
- Johns Hopkins University: Imagine
- Law Vibe
- Linux Journal
- Mail2Web.com – Payment is negotiable
- Mental Floss
- Miller McCune – No indication of pay, but I’m thinking there’s a good chance.
- Model Railroad Hobbyist – Pays $150 – $1000
- Most Ispired
- MWD Technology News
- Net Tuts – Will negotiate rate based on your tutorial.
- Programmable Web
- psd.tut – Pays $150/tutorial
- Russian Life Magazine – Pays $100 – $300
- Script Magazine – .05 – .08/word
- TechiWarehouse – Pays – $10 – $12
- The Business Edition
- Today’s Mama – Payment varies.
- True North Parenting
- Tutorial9 – Pays $50 – $300
- Tuts Arena
- TutToaster – $50 – $200/article or tutorial
- Traveling Nurse
- U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- WayLou – Pays regular contributors but not one off or guest contributors
- Web Design Tuts – $100/tutorial
- ZopeMag – 25 Euro/page
Jennifer Escalona says
This is a fabulous post! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this work for us.
I must have missed the other one but I have to thank you so much for this great list. Very valuable.
.-= Christopher´s last blog ..The OMV Weekly Retweet Roundup May 2nd =-.
Karen Carter says
Deb, you’re a gem! Thanks for this post and all the links that lead to so many more market lists on FWJ. K.
.-= Karen Carter´s last blog ..Beyond FINESSE: Claudia Janiszewski =-.
How do you find these opportunities? This is an amazing list.
Michael Schultz says
Wow, thanks for this list!
Mubashar Iqbal says
Thanks for including Most Inspired in the list!
.-= Mubashar Iqbal´s last blog ..Does everything have to be new? =-.
Thanks for this list! Destination 360 does pay, around $10 per 500-word article.
I once wrote a tutorial for World Start almost a year ago. They’re very good and pay within 2 days of acceptance by PayPal.
Jaime A. Heidel says
Just a heads up: Many of these links don’t work.
Awesome list, you must have had a lot of experience doing this in order to collect such a good list. But have you verified if the blogs are still accepting posts, because I see this was posted in 2010
Some great resources here thanks