Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time Celebrity Writer. Interested applicants should have extensive knowledge of, and be passionate about, celebrity culture and music; should exhibit strong news judgment; have a unique perspective and voice; and possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content on the celebrities, musicians, and influencers Elite Daily’s readers are obsessed with on tight deadlines.
Would you describe yourself as “entertainment obsessed”? Do you listen to Billie Eilish and Megan Thee Stallion while scrolling through the latest challenge videos going viral on TikTok? Do you dissect every lyric in Lil Baby’s latest song so you can school all your Twitter followers about what each bar really means? Do you regularly find yourself diving down social media wormholes catching the latest celebrity drama before it even becomes news? If yes, then Elite Daily’s Celebrity Writer position is for you.
Writers will cover anything and everything related to celebrity, music, and pop culture. This includes awards season coverage, breaking news, album releases, singles, videos, tour information, and social media updates of interest.
Candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, with a love for all things music and celebrity. Bonus points if your background or experience lends itself to covering news from a unique perspective.
This is a part-time position. Writers will work remotely 4 days a week from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Ability to write 3 articles per shift, covering celebrity and music news
- Find and pitch stories that cater to Elite Daily’s voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Cover upcoming album releases, singles, videos, tour information, and social media updates of interest
- Availability to work remotely 3-4 days a week2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- A passion for celebrity, music, and influencer news
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and innovative ideas
- Proficient at writing in AP Style
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.