Verywell Health is looking for a remote content update editor with experience writing or editing in the health and medical vertical to join our growing team. As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Revise existing articles on a variety of health and medical topics in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Perform keyword and competitor research to look for opportunities to make content more comprehensive
- Improve readability and accessibility of content
- Strengthen sourcing by adding and updating research citations
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, incorporating visual elements, filling coverage gaps, and more
- A minimum of three years experience writing or editing consumer-friendly, actionable articles in the health and medical content space. Specifically, we’re looking for experience covering conditions, treatment, wellness, and healthy lifestyle advice
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.