Dotdash Meredith is looking for a remote news writer to create and update timely content for Investopedia. As a news writer, you will write, evaluate, and update content, and work in the CMS to make those updates. A background in finance journalism is preferred for this position.
Successful candidates for this role will be passionate and knowledgeable about fiscal and monetary policy, financial regulation, and other critical finance topics. This role will involve covering breaking news stories, and as such, we are looking for a candidate with availability between 5-7AM in the Eastern Time Zone. Occasionally, work outside those hours may be requested.
Founded in 1999 with the mission of simplifying financial decisions and information, Investopedia helps millions of readers access the confidence to manage every aspect of their financial life.
The rate for this role is $15 per written piece, with each piece expected to take roughly one hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Writing clean, objective, and informative stories
- Meeting daily deadlines, quickly producing top-notch news
- Actively pitching news stories that help contextualize market-moving news and trends
- A passion for finance and fast-paced news
- Two to five years experience writing finance content, preferably for a news publication or magazine
- Journalism/news background strongly preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- An understanding of financial markets, how they work, and what moves them
- Able to confidently research and write/edit content covering companies, financial markets, fiscal and monetary policy, and financial regulation, among other topics
- Comfortable with content management systems, including WordPress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Comfortable working remotely
- Access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.