Website Decoding Digital
About Decoding Digital
Decoding Digital is a growing media operation that provides smart market insights and analysis to an investor-minded and entrepreneurial-minded audience. Our focus is on cryptocurrency and traditional markets. We’re aiming to continue our quick growth and need help to do so.
It was started by Cahill Camden, an International Bestselling Author (with a book on Cryptocurrency), and advisor/consultant to the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in Canada.
We’re looking to build our base of contributing writers for our daily email, our Weekly Dives (long-reads), and our paid subscription service. As a Decoding Digital contributor, you’ll be responsible for producing smart, witty takes on the day’s cryptocurrency news, and identifying and writing longer pieces that will create buzz and generate insight.
What You’ll Do:
- Pitch and write daily stories (200-300 words each) for our daily email (Monday-Friday)
- Pitch and write original long-form pieces (1,200-2,500 words) for our popular Deep Dive emails
- Pitch and write short- to medium-length pieces for our paid subscription crypto trend-spotting service
What You’ll Bring:
- Background in and/or passion for cryptocurrency, investing, and markets
- Ability to write in a compelling, original voice
- Passion for impacting the world through creative insights and education
- Deep familiarity with Decoding Digital’s style and voice
- Ability to submit outstanding work on ambitious deadlines
- An eye for humor, memes, and wit
- A love for cryptocurrency, markets, finance and pop culture news
- Coachability and willingness to improve
- Get sh*t done attitude
- Ability to make things happen quickly (and communicate quickly)
What We Need From You:
Please submit three writing samples and two ideas for the Deep Dive stories that you think our audience will love. We’d also like to know about one project your extremely proud of.
You can include your responses in this application or send them to Jennifer Richards at [email protected] with the subject line “Contributing Writer Opening” in the subject line. Unfortunately, we won’t read your application without this information.
This is a part-time, contract position. We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. What’s going to be most important, is your drive to succeed, your ability to get sh*t done, and your quality of work, naturally.
Look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]