Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Education practice offers consulting services and technology solutions that help schools, school districts, and state education agencies/ministries of education to promote student success, improve programs and processes, and optimize financial resources. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/education/.
PCG’s Education Consulting service line seeks Copyeditors for a highly complex and exciting English Language Arts (ELA) print and digital curriculum development project. The project provides motivated individuals a unique opportunity to support educators and students in actualizing the B.E.S.T standards, through the delivery of high-quality curricular resources. The project consists of 8 modules per grade level for grades K–2 (a full year of instruction for each grade). The modules include lesson plans, teacher and student materials, presentations and mini-lessons for students. The overall development period is 12 months, and each development cycle includes tasks related to copyediting, formatting, and quality assurance. Hours for this role are part time and variable based on project requirements. During the interview process, specifics will be provided around timelines for these tasks and specific hours associated with each respective task. Specific responsibilities and skill/experience requirements are detailed below.
About PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line
PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line works with states, districts, and schools to address a wide spectrum of needs such as curriculum development, instructional resources audits, design and facilitation of professional development and professional learning communities, school improvement, and program reviews. Past project engagements have included the development of the EngageNY grades 6–12 English Language Arts Common-Core aligned curriculum for the New York State Education Department, design and delivery of a system of professional learning for the Connecticut State Department of Education, and the creation of the Florida Paths to College and Career curriculum aligned to the B.E.S.T standards. We are currently partnering with Chicago Public Schools to develop a full-year, standards-aligned and culturally-responsive curriculum for PK – 12 ELA and mathematics.
- Copyediting final curriculum content in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and data pertaining to third-party assets.
- Formatting Word documents in accordance with a pre-defined style guide.
- Searching online for relevant and appropriate digital assets to complement the curriculum such as videos and images.
- Transferring and tracking of files through the defined workflow process on SharePoint.
- Conducting quality assurance checks on final deliverables.
- Participating in a highly-collaborative, rapid development process and working in a team environment that includes regular engagement with team members, peer review, and other formative feedback.
- Ability to meet tight project timelines.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Driven to seek out and use feedback to improve and to grow
- Able to work under tight timelines and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Technically proficient with: Microsoft Office, Internet search
- Able to quickly pick up and learn new technology platforms with minimal training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in copyediting/proofing/formatting
- Attention to detail and familiarity working with style documents/guides
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.