The School of The New York Times
The Curriculum Writer for Online Courses will work with the Pre-College Division to provide specific enhancements to The School’s online writing courses.
This project requires Consultant to do the following in the role of a Curriculum Writer for Online Courses at The School of The New York Times:
This person will review the online current course content and make the enhancements to the courses:
- Checks for Understanding (CFUs);
- More engaged activities and content;
- Make sure that content is aligned to learning objectives;
- Differentiation for different levels of mastery.
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An expert in writing content who has taught/overseen writing skills development online.
- This person should be experienced in working with students in 7th-12th grades.
- This person is experienced and focused on instructional design for writing in an online learning environment.
- Superior writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Ability to be present in the office or work virtually
A successful applicant will have experience creating online writing courses for middle and high school students and potentially adult learners.
While no special language skills are required for the position, given the nature of the broader organization and the spirit of the educational offerings, applicants should be capable of upholding the highest standards of written and spoken English.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.