New Pig Corporation
New Pig Corporation is searching for a Digital Product Copywriter to join our Product Marketing Team to help promote our world-class offering of industrial absorbents and safety products. This role is primarily responsible for writing and maintaining product descriptions and other marketing assets on newpig.com with a focus on employing keyword and market research to clearly demonstrate benefit to the customer and drive conversions.
You’ll create, iterate and test product copy to support strategic initiatives and deliver measurable results. This position requires close collaboration with Product Managers, Product Marketers and other stakeholders to craft selling presentations for new product launches, and will partner with other digital marketing teams to promote consistent messaging across channels.
What you will be doing:
- Write on-brand, less-is-more, benefit-driven copy for product detail pages and other landing pages that clearly articulates unique selling propositions to help drive conversions
- Write SEO-optimized product descriptions and other metadata to increase SERP rank and drive qualified traffic to newpig.com
- Perform ongoing maintenance of web content to align with marketing strategies, product positioning and support A/B testing; use a data-driven approach to apply learnings and improve performance
- Conduct and incorporate market and keyword research into copy and stay on top of industry trends that may require shifts in selling presentations
- Proactively own, document and iterate on internal product copy guidelines and best practices
- Assist other Digital Marketing Teams including Email, Social Media, Paid Digital Advertising, Content, etc. to ensure consistency of messaging and positioning across channels and demonstrate our leadership position
- Contribute ideas and expertise to benefit the entire Digital Marketing Team
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A. in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field with 2 to 5 years of experience in product copywriting, content writing and/or SEO copywriting (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Ability to distill complex and technical themes into concise language that sells
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to work within set, tight deadlines at maximum efficiency; comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willing to collaborate, present ideas, accept feedback from various stakeholders and iterate work until it meets approval
- Strong understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility and organizational skills, able to juggle priorities and keep projects on schedule
- Ability to bring creative and conceptual vision to life in partnership with design team; experience in Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus
- Experience in Google Analytics, Search Console and keyword research tools a plus
Please submit a cover letter with 2-3 writing samples for consideration for this position.
Position would ideally be located at our global headquarters in Tipton, PA.
For the right candidate the role may work from our Pittsburgh office or remotely from home.
New Pig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, age, qualified veteran status, or disability. If you require a reasonable accommodation in relation to the application process, please email [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.