Note: This is a freelance, remote position. We are open to both full-time and part-time applicants.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for an experienced editor to oversee Movie/TV Features content under the leadership of the Movie/TV Lead Editor. The selected candidate will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video editing or script editing.
- Edit and publish a minimum of 10 movie/TV posts daily on the Movie/TV Features team
- Combination of editing/writing (mostly editing)
- Participate in writer development and general writer management
- Oversee and facilitate writer communication in Slack/Asana
- Send feedback to writers according to Screen Rant’s standards (as per our writing guides)
- Work with new writers to develop their skills and help them adapt to Screen Rant’s standards
- Work with existing writers to develop those suitable for internal development (staff writing, self-publishing, editing)
- Idea generation
- Develop content plans
- Target evergreen topics
- Weekly meetings
- Come prepared with notes and analyses
- Additional tasks
- Approve sniping SEO/angles
- Identify evergreen articles to update
- Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Broad working knowledge of Movies/TV in general, especially major franchises (DC Movies, MCU, Star Wars, Star Trek, popular streaming content)
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
- Freelance writer management
- Proven track record of growing a team, expanding coverage, and driving traffic
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Perks atypical of a freelance role (guaranteed hours and income, health care stipend, bonusing opportunities, paid time off)
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded professionals to nerd-out with on a daily basis
Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular Movie/TV content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. If you would like to write about Movies/TV but do not have the required experience for this particular role, kindly visit our Movie/TV Writer job posting and apply there instead. Please note that the next steps in the hiring process involve both a writing evaluation and an interview.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.