Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover Fitness & Wellness for our Wellness vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing original reported fitness and wellness-related stories (both short turnaround and longer lead), evergreen, service stories, and trend pieces about topics like workouts, sleep, stress, and recovery. A passion for fitness and wellness along with an innate ability to trendspot in the field are crucial. Examples of the types of articles you’d work on include this service piece on sleep vitamins; this news story about workouts post-COVID; and this wellness trends feature.
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and cite peer-reviewed studies. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (think physical therapists, chiropractors, and fitness trainers) is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Senior Lifestyle & Beauty Editor throughout their shift.
- Write 6-8 500-word stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest fitness research, wellness trends, and influential thought leaders in this space to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering fitness and wellness topics in a digital space at an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
- Comfort speaking with medical experts when reporting stories
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.