This is a freelance editing role working on detailed automotive content, with the potential for it to be an ongoing project. The ideal candidate is an expert on all things cars, and has proven experience proofreading, researching, fact-checking and writing informative and engaging automotive content for established publications. From quizzes on transmission components to gearhead culture, our interactive content covers a wide range of fun and challenging auto topics requiring a great depth of knowledge and research skills to edit and write. The ideal candidate also possess great attention to detail and can reliably meet strict deadlines. To participate in this project, the candidate will need to use our proprietary CMS and create an account on a separate platform for payment processing.
The Role You Will Have
- Proofread, research, edit and fact-check automotive content
- Rewrite copy to be factually accurate or more attention-grabbing when called for
- Follow editing and copywriting guidelines
- Keep up with regular editing assignments and deadlines
What You Will Bring
- BA/BS Degree in journalism/news media, creative writing, or a related field
- Familiarity with interactive web content and the components of its copy
- 2-4 years experience as a professional editor, content develop, or technical writer for an automotive publication or website
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficient in Google Sheets
- Experience working with a CMS
- Send you Current Resume and 2 Professional Writing Samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Social Publishing Auto Editor Application”
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.