Travel + Leisure
About The Role:
Travel + Leisure is looking for a remote developmental editor for our travel content. As a developmental editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact-checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Developmental editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive. The rate for this position is $30/hour. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- You will review and edit updated articles, ensuring the editor’s work follows specific project instructions and guidelines set out by Travel + Leisure and Dotdash Meredith. You’ll also ensure that the work is free of grammatical and factual errors, and puts the reader first.
- You will provide feedback for editors and fact-check information when needed.
- You will review content to make sure the tone and style aligns with the Travel + Leisure brand.
- At least 3 years experience editing travel or lifestyle content for a digital or print publisher
- Knowledge of travel and the travel industry
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and edit content covering multiple regions and types of travel
- An excellent communicator who can provide (positive and negative) constructive feedback
- Comfortable with content management systems, including WordPress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Previous fact-checking experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Comfortable working remotely
- Has access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and secure internet connection
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.