This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.
Valnet Inc. is looking for “DIY” writers who are technology enthusiasts for the website MakeUseOf.com.
MUO is one of the largest technology publications on the web today. We aim to equip all readers, whether they’re newcomers to tech or seasoned veterans, with the tools they need to make the most of their technology.
We simplify complex topics into guides that anyone can understand, whether they’re looking for a list of great apps, need help fixing an issue, or want a product recommendation. Every article leaves the reader with something valuable to take away.
Our DIY writers produce fun, eye-catching, useful (or all three) DIY technology projects with high quality, detailed instructions with every step easily replicable by readers of varying skill levels. Do this, do that, then modify this code: end up with this). An example of this is How to Dual Boot a Raspberry Pi Using BerryBoot.
Not all DIY articles have to be “build” articles – it might be a guide to a particular technique, or a round up of projects, for example: Why Everyone Should Learn Arduino!, What to Do With Your Old MiniDisc Collection: 8 Ideas, and The 11 Best Raspberry Pi Projects for Beginners.
- Write 8 features articles per month, with no upper limit
- Generate and pitch new ideas/topics
- Stay up to date on the latest tech news, products, and updates
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 articles you’ve written that demonstrate your knowledge of tech and your writing abilities
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Expert knowledge of one or more technology platforms, product, or apps
- The ability to break down complex topics
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
We provide our contributors an engaging community of like-minded tech enthusiasts, a supportive and in-depth training program, additional compensation for page views, monthly bonuses, a mentorship program, career progression opportunities, and much more!
We will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team.
Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered
To apply for this job please visit muo.applytojob.com.