My Subscription Addiction (MSA)
My Subscription Addiction (MSA) is looking for a part-time editor to join our freelance team in New York, NY and/or remotely.
Are you obsessed with growing the next generation of DTC brands? Do you think people want to hear from authentic customers to make sure the brand is a fit for them before buying? Are you passionate about elevating creators with fair pay and new opportunities, might you even be a creator? If you feel your energy go up, come join us in building a company at the nexus of these trends, addressing a $100 billion problem.
What is My Subscription Addiction?
At My Subscription Addiction (MSA), we are building a marketplace that connects brands to creators, bloggers, and niche publishers who are already in the business of writing authentic review content. Today, finding third party content is a highly manual process. Yet the demand to license third party content is growing exponentially because of the systemic changes in social advertising with the iOS 14 update. MSA’s marketplace is the scalable solution to help brands license third party content so it is as easy as hailing an Uber ride. We deliver content to brands that is ready for the next social ad campaign.
We are uniquely positioned to deliver this solution with DNA from MSA, the leading authentic reviews site for DTC subscriptions, and Ampush, the leading performance marketing company in D2C. We are backed by Red Ventures, a multi-billion-dollar company that owns leading publishers like Healthline, CNet, and The Points Guy. We are looking for entrepreneurial athletes to build a great company.
About the Role
As an editor, you apply a touch to content with a polished finish. More than just an eagle eye for grammatical errors, sentence construction, and typos, you come packed with ideas that drive optimization. You can identify the potential in a piece of content, and elevate its tone to support the objective.
As an individual, you love products and are passionate about consumer brands, particularly in the realm of beauty, fashion, food, and personal care. You have a keen sense of what consumers are looking for, and know how to deliver a point with a punch. You bring excitement, genuine curiosity, and a product-testing mentality. You think big and distill dense information into singular, important ideas that are easily digestible for readers.
Your work will include all aspects of writing and editing for whitelisted content that will appear in ad campaigns before millions of readers. You will write about, edit, and support content related to the brands you love, and you will also think critically and tactfully about products that are new to you. You will carefully edit creators’ pieces in a manner that is on tone with brand guidelines, while maintaining an authentic and trustworthy voice. A born communicator, your collaboration skills are as sharp as your attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities For This Role
- Input and edit creator content in WordPress with a precise eye and fast turnaround
- Optimize and update existing content
- Demonstrate creative and thoughtful insights, providing recommendations and feedback
- Critically digest content from the lens of the reader and consumer
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor, Head of Community, Customer Success Managers, Project Manager, and other team members in a supportive capacity
- Communicate across team roles via Slack, email, and in our task management platform
- Occasionally ghostwrite content for creator content
- Effectively organize tasks and confirm deliverables in a timely manner
Your Skills, Background, and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in content and/or review writing, blogging, or marketing copywriting for apparel, lifestyle, beauty, food, or lifestyle brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Highly collaborative – you possess the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a positive attitude and enthusiastic mindset
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset – you can thrive in a place where change and action-orientation are the norm
- Fun: you take your work seriously but never yourself; able to laugh and play while at work
- Experience working in WordPress is essential
- Experience working in a task management platform (e.g. Asana, Monday) is strongly preferred
- Willing to work remotely and on East Coast hours
- Ability to work 20 hours per week, with potential to flex up
All candidates who advance in the interview process will be asked to submit a review writing sample.
To apply for this job please visit mysubscriptionaddiction.applytojob.com.