The Motley Fool
The Motley Fool is looking for a Freelance Financial Editor to work with us in a part-time, remote capacity 20-30 hours per week. We are particularly interested in editors who have experience working with investing content –especially in the healthcare and tech realms.
While this role is 100% remote, candidate must reside within the United States for consideration.
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with nearly 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers who have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don’t hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, “Hey! I could do that!”
What does this team do?
The Motley Fool’s team of Fool.com Fools work to publish the BEST content to our award-winning site. They’re a motley crew who are highly motivated, innovative, versatile, and comfortable driving content and editorial strategy from conception through execution in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. And while their gut instinct can take them so far, they know very well the power of data and harness it with every critical choice they make.
What would you do in this role?
The Fool.com team is looking for a part-time freelance financial editor who subsists on a diet of 10-Ks, valuation metrics, and the written word. This position is tailor-made for analytical and detail stock junkies who can wade through text and determine if a financial argument is correctly backed up with pertinent metrics and reasoning.
After all, Fool.com helps spread the word to tens of millions of people each month by publishing the best content to our award-winning site.
You will be working within a Bureau – to include writers and editors – that will make Fool.com the best place on the internet for content related to stocks and investing. You will coach writers on how to strengthen their financial analysis and be a line of defense to ensure all content reviewed and published is accurate and easy to follow.
But what does this role actually do?
- Edit stock-based content to ensure financial accuracy and fact-check numbers, names, and metrics.
- Work closely with internal Bureau teams to understand content initiatives and best practices.
- Stay current on industry trends and key data sources.
- Work through high-volume queues and carry a dependable editing schedule.
- While this role will not involve a lot of writing, you should enjoy the craft and know what makes content enjoyable.
- 5+ years experience working as stock analyst or financial writer/editor.
- Adaptability and responsiveness to feedback.
- Strong familiarity with Fool.com content and voice.
- Commitment to producing accurate, error-free work.
- Meticulous attentoin to detail.
- Caught the typo in the previous bullet point.
- Sense of humor and collaborative attitude. We take our work seriously, but never ourselves!
Compensation: This role will be paid hourly at a rate of $35-$45 USD.
Note: Interested candidates must be willing to complete an editing test.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.