How to get started:
If you think you meet the requirements below, please visit https://forms.gle/3iBY3V3BpoAUyeu76 to take our assessment.Good luck!
At Compose.ly, we recognize the power of storytelling, and we believe that every business has a great story to tell. The problem is that many businesses struggle to share theirs in an authentic way that drives results. That’s where Compose.ly comes in.
Who We Are Looking For
Programming experience is essentialfor this role.
This is a location-independent (remote) job.
As a technical writer, you will be responsible for crafting professional content. You will:
- Produce technical content such as blog posts, white papers, user guides, and quick start guides
- Take on assignments on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that content conforms to SEO best practices
- Deliver content that is engaging, accurate, and follows project guidelines
- Work with editors to ensure content is technically accurate and meets guidelines
- Make requested revisions as necessary
- Write clear content that communicates technical concepts to non-technical readers
- Efficiently organize and track project assignments to meet client timelines
Skills and Qualifications
- We’re currently only accepting applicants from the US and Canada
- Only writers who are proficient in English will be considered
- 1-4+ years of experience in the software industry
- Experience writing technical blog posts
- Experience with SEO in content creation
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure to occasionally meet tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly research new technologies and concepts
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt quickly to changing requirements
What would make you stand out
- Project management, agile approaches to software development (e.g., Scrum), and continuous delivery (CD)
- Version control software like Git and Subversion
How to Get Started
If you think you meet the above requirements and are willing to take on these responsibilities, please complete the following grammar test:
If you pass this test, you will be invited to round two of the process.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact candidates who are a good fit for the role.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.