At Indy, our mission is to empower freelancers to manage their independent business through powerful online marketing, workflow, and payment tools.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Writer with a strong business and data acumen who will help the Product team with writing content across Product and Marketing. As a Freelance UX Writer with Indy, this candidate would be part of the design team and the design process. They would also be a good partner to Marketing.
This is an ongoing freelance position with an approximate workload of 20-30 hours per week.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for things like:
- Be the go-to person for UI/UX copywriting (all the text in the product interface, including success messages, error messages, banners, etc)
- Share responsibility with marketing writers to establish and own the documentation of a Content Style Guide, which includes Voice & Tone and usage guidelines
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure that all of our releases are being communicated well externally, including release notes, email campaigns, and landing page content
- Create and maintain source-of-truth documentation for all interface copy
- Write transactional and product update marketing emails
- Write templates
- Write content for product tours and manage messaging to users through Intercom
- Write for accessibility — working with devs to ensure that images have the proper alt text and that text in the interface can be read by screen readers
- Write scripts for educational videos
What you’ll bring to the role
- 2+ years of experience of working as a UX Writer
- A passion for collaboration and working cross-functionally with people in other departments
- Proficiency with Figma and Google Workspace
- Clear mastery of the English language
- Good sense of design and UX best practices
- Ability to contribute to narrative flows and give feedback on designs
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in B2C SaaS products
- Familiarity with customer engagement platforms like Intercom
To apply for this job please visit careers.weareindy.com.