Hawaiian Humane Society
Primary Purpose: Researches, writes, submits and reports for all Society grants
Reports To: Director of Development
- Research grant opportunities that will help fund projects, programs and capital needs of the Society;
- Write grant proposals in accordance with grantor standards/requirements;
- Work with individual departments/principals to identify potential opportunities for grant support;
- Establish a working relationship with funding agency administrators;
- Ensure all grants are administered by the principal;
- Ensure all reports to grantors are submitted by deadline and contain the required information/data.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL & COMMUNICATIONS DEMANDS:
- Must be able to prioritize, work independently, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Must have a flexible disposition to work with and engage a variety of Society personnel.
- Must exercise compassion, patience, professionalism at all times.
- Personal conduct and appearance must convey professionalism.
- Requires handling people in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to spend time on campus with team members to get to know them, our culture, and to understand the various needs of the organization
Skills/Knowledge: Requires excellent computer knowledge, organizational, reporting, record keeping and project management skills. Must be detail oriented with strong follow up capability. Must be highly dependable and meet set deadlines. Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to own automobile and proof of no-fault insurance required. Must agree with and be committed to Society goals, objectives and programs. Must be highly creative and innovative. Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate volunteers.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year of grant-writing experience preferred. Working knowledge of GrantHub. Strong organizational, administrative, telephone and interpersonal communication skills, detail and “big picture” oriented and strong follow through skills.
- Contributes ideas for improvements to the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Remote working along with on-site meetings with stake holders.
Equipment Use: PC proficiency (Word, Excel, design and desktop publishing software) and standard office equipment use.
Work Hours: Part-time schedule as determined by grant demands and needs of the Development department and organization.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.