Website JAR Audio
JAR audio is a content studio that develops, produces and distri
ABOUT JAR AUDIO
JAR audio is a content studio that develops, produces and distributes original podcasts with brands. We are headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with remote collaborators around the world.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for telling great stories. The Podcast Writer will be responsible for helping to create compelling narratives that hold an audience’s attention from episode to episode. This role requires the candidate to have creative writing and editing skills, as well as developing technical skills. You will work with the senior producers at JAR to create and capture quality sound bites through interviews and discussion.
The ideal person will have a strong understanding of audio production and knowledge of audio engineering hardware and software. Strong writing skills and the ability to create narrative through-lines are a necessity. Audio editing ability is a plus. The right individual will be able to work to deadline independently while touching base with in-house JAR staff.
The right person will be able to craft narratives that make an impact on listeners — leaving them looking forward to more unique and authentic stories, every episode.
Deliverables: Q-lines and Polished podcast episode scripts
– Collaborate with JAR to create episodes that serve season outline /goals.
– Create episode outlines / question-lines for hosts to follow that that tell a full story, as well as identify tape that is needed.
– Weave excerpts from RAW audio together into a story, via a “paper edit” with the assistance of an audio editor (if required).
– Identify and capture missing tape to complete the story (eg; host pickups).
– Work with JAR in-house staff to execute vision for the project in accordance with JAR’s work back schedule.
– Responsible for producing paper edits that pass hrough JAR’s vetting process and client feedback (1-2 revisions usually required).
– Identify and pitch new episode treatment ideas, finding the unique story angles while maintaining factual accuracy.
– 1-3 years of experience working in narrative radio, reality TV, or similar with strong narrative storylines.
– Journalism school background, a creative writing degree, or other media-related training.
– Strong scriptwriting skills, copy editing.
– Some familiarity with audio recording software and hardware, both in a studio environment and field environment.
– Ability to deliver cuts in a timely manner, receive notes, and handle edits and revisions on multiple episodes at once.
– Detail-oriented and self-motivated able to work self-directed capacity
– Experience with reality tv storytelling, audio documentary, and/or audio drama production a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org