The Practical Law business within Thomson Reuters is looking for a temporary estate planning State Specialist contractor with substantial experience in estate planning law in Georgia. Remote work 20 hours per week. (Requires Windows-based computer and high speed internet).
Practical Law is looking for a temporary estate planning State Specialist contractor to work on resources for our online services.
Each State Specialist contractor will:
- Write, edit, and update state-specific estate planning resources, including annotated will and trust forms, checklists, practice notes, and other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in the final review of these resources conducted by Practical Law.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- At least six years? experience working as an estate planning lawyer in a law firm in the specified jurisdiction, and general expertise in estate planning law.
- At least 75% of the candidate’s recent legal practice has been focused exclusively on estate planning.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of estate planning attorneys and the general legal market in the specified jurisdiction.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- The ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
Ideal candidates will also have the following attributes:
- Experience in an estates and trusts group at a large or mid-sized law firm, or at a smaller boutique firm with a group of attorneys focused on estate planning, probate and trust administration.
- Extensive experience planning for clients with large taxable estates.
- Experience handling probate and trust administration files as lead attorney.
- Editorial experience on a law review or journal or with other news media.
- Published works on estate planning topics, such as bar association journal articles.
- Experience writing and presenting on estate planning topics for continuing legal education.
- Experience using Westlaw/Westlaw Edge for legal research.
- Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Candidates will be required to provide a writing sample on a specified topic after the initial interview. Please include your law school class rank or GPA on your resume. Please also draft and submit a paragraph detailing your estate planning experience with your resume, including the percentages of your time spent on estate planning work compared to other practice areas, and specifying the kinds of estate planning documents you have drafted most often. Please also indicate your level of experience with probate and trust.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.