ALM, a leading B2B digital media company, is seeking two writer-editors who are knowledgeable about commercial transactions and litigation to support an exciting legal news and information product. We need individuals to work a morning shift (roughly 7a to 11a ET) and an evening shift (4p to 8p ET). This role could be ideal for a law student or former attorney.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Edit news briefs about corporate transactions and/or lawsuits. Work quickly to improve content and correct errors based on source material
- Monitor and respond to breaking news developments in the world of corporate transactions. Process and catalogue press releases announcing corporate transactions
- Master our content management system and apply taxonomy related to legal practice areas, law firms, companies and industries
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve processes and overcome challenges
- You have familiarity with corporate transactions and can decipher newly filed lawsuits and press releases about acquisitions, capital market transactions and other deal types.
- You have high standards and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- You can write quickly and clearly without making errors. Even when juggling tasks, you have strong focus and attention to detail.
- You have an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit and thrive in a fast-paced news environment.
- A law degree or legal background is a plus.
Why you should join ALM…
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays – Early Office Closure
- 10-12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Corporate Discounts Including Gym Memberships, Gift Certificates, Sporting Events, Movie Tickets
- Flexible Work Schedules
ALM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, national origin,age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ALM complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.