Fivestars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use Fivestars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the Fivestars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from credible investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, Fivestars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
Fivestars is seeking a part-time Marketing Copywriter who is passionate about helping local businesses thrive and driving immediate and measurable results with clear, fun, and helpful marketing copy. The Marketing Copywriter will work with the Fivestars marketing team to define the tone and style for all marketing copy and collaborate with marketing managers from our product marketing, growth marketing, and channel marketing teams to create and edit content used in emails, landing pages, websites, online ads, blog posts, and other marketing assets.
- Create and own our marketing copy style guide, which will define for the company the style and tone of our merchant and consumer-facing content and copy
- Proactively work with marketing team members to scope requirements, objectives, and audience for projects that require marketing copy and execute on projects efficiently
- Craft compelling content for prospect and customer emails that reinforce the FiveStars “Love Local” brand positioning and achieve marketing objectives
- Collaborate with product marketing and growth marketing teams to expand and update the pages of our website to include product and vertical-specific content
- Host regular copy office hours to help team members with copy editing needs
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background, preferably in English or Communications
- 2+ years of experience writing or editing copy for marketing teams with a strong focus on direct response marketing, where copy needs to move people to action
- Empathy or experience working small business owners a huge plus
- Understanding of basic principles of content marketing and SEO also a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Concise and clear written communication
- Stickler for the nuances of grammar and style a huge plus
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.