Investopedia is hiring an experienced freelancer writer to support the production of annual special edition print magazines. We are seeking a personal finance journalist passionate about educating others about complex topics in an easy-to-digest way. Must have a background in personal finance and provide examples of published magazine feature articles.
The rate for this role is $300 to $600 per assignment.
About the Role:
Thousands of readers look to Investopedia daily for guidance in understanding their own finances. As a freelance magazine writer for Investopedia, you will help ensure the guidance we print is well-researched, trustworthy, and approachable for all readers. You will contribute to content packages throughout the year, including 3-4 magazines each year, writing long-form articles for print (and digital), focused on education while skillfully incorporating interview quotes and data insights to add color and real-life examples to your copy.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and write 100% original features to help readers understand topics such as how to save money on their taxes, types of mortgage loans, and comparing retirement savings plan options.
- Propose data and information visualization ideas with each submitted article to help bring the topic life on a printed page
- Follow Investopedia and Dotdash Meredith’s best editorial practices and styles
- Work with the Investopedia staff to complete all assignments and necessary edits on deadline
The ideal candidate is an experienced personal finance journalist with a history of working on long-form, magazine content for well-respective publications.
- 3 to 5 years of magazine and/or feature writing experience; primarily focused on financial education and personal finance topics
- Strong editorial skills, including clear writing, grammar, AP style, and sourcing/interviewing experts to quote
- Deep knowledge of core personal finance topics, including personal income taxes, applying for loans, building credit, homebuying, and planning for retirement
- Superior time management skills with a keen attention to detail while on deadline
- Experience with Google Docs and Airtable is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.