Presto Media is looking for web-based viral/listicle article writers in the following niches:
- Travel/Vacation (i.e., “5 essentials you should always pack,” “10 places to see before you die,” etc.
- Pop/General Science (for sites akin to iflscience.com, popsci.com)
- Cars (i.e., “how to know your brakes need to be replaced,” “6 features the next Tesla will have,”)
- Consumer goods (i.e., “25 winter products that look cozy AF,” “30 things every grillmaster needs”)
- Entertainment (long biographical pieces about famous people, lists like you’d see on ranker.com)
- History (again, think ranker.com or cracked.com, or long pieces about a single event/person in history)
Please provide relevant writing samples or experience in your cover letter, and let us know which position(s) you are qualified for and interested in.
Assignments include detailed editorial direction, source links and other materials to complement writer research, and live assistance from our staff. Most require at least one photo, though some listicles will require upward of 30. Some are ghostwriting positions, some offer a byline.
Pay per article is approx. $20 for a 650-word article with one photo, and $100 per 30-item listicle.
Applicants will be required to pass an English competency test. You will have two attempts. Do not click off the screen during the test. Native speakers should be able to complete it within a few minutes.
After the quiz, you will be taken to a screen where you can enter your cover letter and links. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT COMPLETE THIS STEP WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To apply, visit this link: https://apply.presto.media/
We’ll try to respond to every applicant as soon as we’re able. Make sure you whitelist @presto.media in your email client, or check your spam folder for onboarding emails if accepted. You can also email [email protected] to check in on the status of your application.
To apply for this job please visit apply.presto.media.