Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
StackCommerce is hiring an eagle-eyed, tech-savvy, proactive remote Freelance Editor to help us polish Brand Studio content for the holiday season, turning good copy into great copy. This role is seasonal with the potential to become permanent in 2021. This person should have a detail-oriented mind, a passion for perfecting the writing of others, and a knack for spotting errors—enthusiasm for online shopping, sharing new products, and general commerce content is a bonus.
Stack’s Brand Studio produces 250+ articles every week, and the Freelance Editor will be responsible for performing hands-on editing duties for some of the top publishers on the web. This is a unique opportunity to edit impactful, compelling content that goes beyond a standard product description and is viewed by massive audiences. This position requires creativity, reliability, and the ability to match a variety of style guides and brand voices.
- Ensure that each product’s value is conveyed to the reader in a contextualized way that matches each publisher’s audience
- Copy edit and proofread commerce articles for spelling and grammar, style and usage, formatting, and clarity
- Cross-reference product details and pricing to ensure accuracy of sale information
- Assess and revise headlines, subheadlines, and lead-in text for SEO purposes
- Quickly shift between the voice, tone, and style guide of publishers from all different verticals
- Simultaneously apply the StackCommerce house style and best practices to the same content
- Rewrite commerce content as needed
- Manage tight deadlines and prioritize workload with little supervision
- Work efficiently within our in-house CMS and Salesforce
- Communicate effectively with the editorial team to ensure any roadblocks are addressed in a timely manner
- Liaise with freelance writers when necessary
- Source and resize images to accompany articles as needed
- Flawless attention to detail
- English fluency
- E-commerce, marketing, and/or journalism editing background
- SEO experience
- Expert time management
By the numbers…
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note this is a remote hourly contractor position until December 31st. The contractor will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.