BuzzFeed is looking for freelance writers who can contribute product-focused articles to the BuzzFeed Shopping team. Writers should expect to be assigned posts based on your expertise and our brand partnerships.
- Write well-researched product roundups, including but not limited to home, fashion, beauty, and pet care.
- Take assignments from BuzzFeed editors at will.
- Optimize any product links that are included in posts.
- Follow our Shopping team’s best practices and meet our editorial standards by choosing and describing products in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
- Previous experience writing lists and shopping content.
- The ability to describe products in both an entertaining and descriptive way.
- Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
- Experience with SEO a plus.
- Send your writing samples, press clips, and anything else you’d like for us to see in Greenhouse.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.