Vox Media, LLC
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
About the role:
Vox Creative, Vox Media’s in-house content studio, is actively seeking a Social Media Editor, reporting to the Executive Editor. This person will work across multiple advertiser campaigns, working closely with our creative, copy, video, audio, design, project management, and paid social teams to create social content that meets client objectives and KPIs in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help with the day-to-day, nitty-gritty needs of Vox Creative’s many social campaigns in various production stages, while owning your own roster of projects and shaping their creative output. Experience working with advertisers or branded content is not mandatory, but honed social media skills, a passion for excellent content, attention to detail, and quick wit are requirements for the job.
Do you love great social content that makes you stop and take notice? Are you interested in solving the puzzle of creating social content that both advertisers and audiences will love? Are you a nonstop generator of ideas? Do you find pleasure in solving problems and putting out (hypothetical) fires? Are you weirdly obsessive about our brands? Drop us a line.
What you’ll do:
- Under the direction of our executive editor, write and edit engaging and hyper-clickable copy, including video captions, link headlines, and more, across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Reddit, and native/display ad placements
- Balance the tone of our 13 editorial networks (websites) with branded-content messaging for a variety of campaigns and the various platforms where they’re living; for example, an Instagram beauty campaign for the Cut will look and sound very different than a Facebook recipe series for Eater
- Write social and promotional copy for multiple advertiser campaigns simultaneously; campaigns may include articles, videos, audio, experiential, and more
- Understand the goal and audience of each campaign so that you can tailor your social writing accordingly
- Provide suggested copy for influencer talent to post on our behalf
- Edit social copy provided directly from brands to suit our editorial style and tone
- Incorporate client feedback while maintaining high standards and social best practices on a quick turnaround
- Give input on social assets/visuals based on emerging patterns you observe (on our channels and competitive ones)
- Pitch and refine social copy strategies for advertiser campaigns, based on performance insights
- Create points of view about what works on which platforms, and develop copy testing agendas to further inform learning
What you’ll bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or advertising, or a similar field
- Two to four years of social media writing and/or production experience
- Strong sense of social strategy and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working across platforms (such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Superior social media content-creation skills and the ability to adapt messaging to fit various social platforms
- An existing understanding of success metrics for across various social platforms
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in native advertising, changing digital spaces and media, advertiser acronyms (KPI, ROI, and CPM, for starters), and the deep, wide world of Vox Media
- A commitment to diversity, different viewpoints from your own, and untold stories
- A deep appreciation and adherence to Google Cal, Asana, to-do lists, and fast-moving deadlines
- An ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with clients, marketers, or advertisers (not required, but helpful)
About this role:
This is a freelance position. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.