McKnight’s Home Care, a new B2B brand and news service for the home care sector of healthcare, seeks a well-rounded journalist with an attention to detail and a strong interest in healthcare business news. The ideal candidate will have exceptional news judgment, writing skills, experience with a variety of social media tools and platforms — and an ability to quickly grasp the nuances of industry-related issues. This person must be able to craft copy on deadline that is concise, clear, interesting and, above all, accurate. Other required attributes include curiosity, excellent editing/language skills, a willingness to constantly improve and a good sense of humor.
- Daily news writing
- Updating material on social media and other digital platforms
- Writing periodic blog posts and features
- Eventually assisting with custom projects, including webinar moderation
- Working with editors on conference coverage
- Applicants are not necessarily expected to have extensive knowledge of home care/long-term care issues, but must demonstrate a basic grasp of healthcare policy and show a willingness to learn.
- 2-4 years’ editorial experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ability to quickly write short, targeted articles
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fun environment
- A team-player mindset and a gung-ho attitude
- Understanding of HTML and editing experience a must
- Proficiency on Google Suite
- Adobe Photoshop experience helpful
- Social media best practices knowledge and posting proficiency
- Ability to act as an ambassador for McKnight’s
- Please include writing samples
About McKnight’s Home Care:
McKnight’s Home Care is a newly launched national media brand for those working in all aspects of the home care field. We help our readers make a difference. The McKnight’s brand has a four decade legacy. We serve the seniors housing and care field by providing the news, information and informed perspective our readers need to make informed business decisions.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.