DBLTAP is looking for a part-time Staff Writer to help our gaming and esports coverage. This person will be in charge of writing and editing breaking news that happens overnight, as well as short form content about new game releases. The ideal candidate has a sharp news sense and a basic knowledge of SEO to help us create organic success.
What You’ll Do
- Write short form content about new video games (8-10 articles a shift)
- Use SEO tools to search for article ideas and optimize the content
- Stay on top of the latest trends and releases in gaming
We follow a remote-first approach to give you more options!
This position has an expected range between $15.50 – $17.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location. This is a part-time position and will be 20-25 hours per week.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a writer/editor
- In-depth knowledge of video games, including new releases, popular games and industry trends (knowledge of esports is a plus)
- A can-do attitude and the willingness to adapt and learn new skills
- The ability to write clean copy on quick deadlines
- A strong understanding of grammar and AP style
- The ability to work well with a team
Nice to Have/Advantages
- Knowledge of SEO tools and how to use them, such as Google Trends, Search Console, SEMRUSH, Ahrefs, Ubersuggest, etc.
- Ability to understand what gamers are looking for when searching for news
- Knowledge in one (or more) of the following titles: League of Legends, Call of Duty, Pokemon Franchise, Overwatch, Valorant, Apex Legends, Counter-Strike, Sports Games like FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K and MLB The Show, AAA Releases such as The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.comeet.com.