Vox Media, LLC
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vulture is looking for a writer-editor focused on entertainment, tech, and entertainment tech to launch a subsection dedicated to helping readers navigate the many streaming platform and device options that are increasingly available to them. This editor will begin prior to the launch of the section so they can participate in strategy and branding discussions; following launch, they will split time between daily writing and assigning stories to freelance writers.
- Help us establish a distinct editorial strategy for covering the streaming industry, reviewing relevant consumer products, and providing guidance about deals and devices in a way that aligns with the Vulture sensibility and integrates seamlessly with the rest of the site.
- Write short daily posts about important news in this space.
- Assign longer reported stories, reviews, explainers, lists/guides, and essays to freelance writers.
- Work with the news team to determine how we want to cover this beat on a daily basis.
- Work with the recommendations team on story ideas and cross-promotional opportunities.
- Monitor the creative, industry, and technology aspects of this ever-evolving ecosystem.
- Develop and implement a promotional strategy focused on SEO, social media, and/or a newsletter.
- 3+ years writing or editing at a daily news pace
- An understanding of the streaming landscape (including major, niche, and live TV services) and consumer electronics relevant to the home entertainment experience
- Familiarity with SEO strategies and best practices
- Comfort establishing and managing a media brand identity on social platforms
- Experience with eCommerce publishing a plus
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.