BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for freelance writers who can contribute streaming and entertainment focused articles to the BuzzFeed Shopping team in conjunction with its affiliate partners.
- Curate streaming guides featuring the best TV and film offerings available and update these guides regularly as titles are added and removed from each platform.
- Optimize links to streaming platforms in posts and manage all TV/film assets.
- Follow our affiliate streaming best practices and meet our editorial standards by choosing and describing TV and film titles in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
- Previous experience writing about entertainment and/or pop culture.
- A wide-ranging knowledge of TV and film titles that extends beyond mere plot summary.
- The ability to turn around quick, clean, and conversational copy when covering new releases.
- Send your writing samples, press clips, and anything else you’d like for us to see in Greenhouse.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.