Our client’s Editorial Creative team is seeking a seasoned, versatile contract Synopsis Writer to join the Product Writing team. In this role, you’ll help our client’s members navigate a sea of content by summarizing movies and television shows with concise, creative, engaging synopses.
You’ll write about the breadth of the catalog—everything from Hollywood blockbusters and indie horror flicks to Thai children’s shows and reality TV. This role is perfect for an omnivorous generalist who loves pop culture, is passionate about entertainment and is un-phased by tight deadlines and a fast-paced work environment. This requires a writer who can take on a high volume of weekly assignments and has enough creative energy to make each synopsis sing. If you’re excited by contributing to a team of content experts who thrive on candid feedback and drive a global conversation about entertainment, this may be your dream job.
This is a remote 3-month contract and W2 hourly rate through Talent Table.You must be available to work remotely and authorized to work without sponsorship. No H1Bs.
What you’ll do:
- Write (a lot) of synopsis about movies and TV shows. A typical day might include writing about a dozen different titles from all over the world
- Work closely with editors overseeing the licensed content workflow to make sure titles have the copy that’s required for them to be live
- Respond to late-coming assignments and author accurate, high-quality synopsis on a fast turnaround
- Embody editorial principles to create accurate, inclusive and creative synopsis in the voice of a knowledgeable fan
Things you’ll need:
- Experience writing or editing in English about film and TV
- Mastery of AP style and attention to detail. Typos are the enemy.
- Research skills to help you gather context about titles and quickly synthesize information from a variety of sources
- A selfless approach to contributing to a world-class editorial team
- Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback
Applicants for this position will be asked to provide samples of previously published material (ideally about film or TV) and complete a short writing exercise.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.