At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: www.criterion-sys.com.
Our team of expert staff plan, build, and operate IT and communication systems in support of the Department of Commerce, Office of the Secretary. The Deprtment of Commerce is responsible for regulatiing all Commerce within the United states to include imports and exports.
Criterion Systems, Inc. is seeking a Technical Writer to support a U.S. Government contract in Washington, DC. In this role, the Technical Writer will work across Cyber, Server, End User and Networking teams to ensure all program and system-related documentation is developed and maintained according to federal policy (NARA, NIST, etc.). You will also author complex technical documents in support of the current IT projects supporting OSE in several migration efforts. You will utilize your excellent communication skills to do the following:
- Writing and/or editing technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables
- Producing unclassified documentation
- Assisting with audit and assessment activities
- Analyzing documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Reviewing documents for updates and changes
- Performing document management compliance
- Formally and informally presenting information in group and individual settings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or 4 years of working experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience, at least one (1) specifically in government IT technical writing
- Familiarity with general IT concepts and terminology
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe Pro
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust priorities in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality products
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver high-quality materials
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently, as well as strong interpersonal skills that foster the ability to work effectively on teams, communicate effectively
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
Criterion Systems, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identify/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.