Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you’ll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world’s most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
The Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a part-time (50-75%) Associate Technical Editor and Writer. This position will be located in Seaside, CA and will support the Defense Personnel Security Research Center (PERSEREC).
Remote work is possible & acceptable.
Northrop Grumman has ongoing work with the Department of Defense to provide research and innovation to the Military Services. This research pertains to multiple areas, but may include Service member wellness, suitability for Military Service, evaluation of interventions, and implementation and evaluation of automated solutions to staffing and other human resource data systems. The individual hired for this research position will be required to do the following:
- Edit and write technical reports in accordance with the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA; 7th Edition) and PERSEREC style guide;
- Format documents in Microsoft Word;
- Manage publication versions in SharePoint;
- Lead writing and editing meetings with Northrop Grumman and Government project leaders to review writing feedback and recommendations for improvement;
- Provide additional project support such as conducting and writing reviews of the peer-reviewed and Government (DTIC) research literature;
- Take detailed notes during subject matter expert interviews;
- Provide project support to the Northrop Grumman management team;
- Work cooperatively with team members to ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of research products;
- Oversee preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts;
- Conduct quality review of materials; and
- Interface with Military customers and consumers to meet their requirements, and assist in implementation of research findings and products.
Current content areas of research on this program include, but are not limited to the following: Personnel Security Clearances, Personnel Placement and Suitability, Suicide Prevention, Sexual Assault Prevention & Response, Espionage and Insider Threat, and Data Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Complete understanding and application of APA Publication Manual editing principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- US citizen with a current, active DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.